If you haven’t had a wildlife problem in your home or business in the past, it’s hard to know what to expect.   If you still have questions, please feel free to contact us, we’ll be happy to answer your questions.


Are you an exterminaTION or a pest control company?

No, we are not.  We are professional wildlife control operators, and we address issues with wildlife only. We aren’t the “bug guy” and do not address issues with insects.

Do you use poison?

No, we are not licensed to use pesticides or insecticides, nor to we wish to be.    While the use of insecticides is useful for insect infestations when applied correctly, they are not only illegal in most cases, but are also cruel, often ineffective, and are dangerous when dealing with wildlife issues.   Rodenticides maim and kill millions of non-target animals, and rodenticide poisoning is a serious and ongoing problem not only for California’s wildlife, but for domestic pets, such as dogs and cats. 

Will you try to sell me a long-term contract?

No, we will not.  In many cases, a single animal, or a family of animals is creating a problem, or is causing damage, and if approached properly, does not require the use of long-term contract services.  If you are dealing with a wildlife problem that must be maintained to an acceptable level, we can offer those services, and are happy to do so, but only if it is what you, the customer wish to do.  We do not try to add-on expensive, unnecessary services, nor do we pressure you.  We are here to help you solve a problem.

What happens when you come to my home or business?

Whether you’re having a problem with wildlife in or under your home or outbuildings, or if you’re having problems with outdoor property damage, we will do a property inspection.  If we feel that you have an issue that needs to be addressed, we’ll determine the most effective course of action, and provide you with an estimate. If we feel that you do not need our services, we will tell you that too.

Do you offer free inspections?

Just like the plumber or the electrician, we have costs that we must cover.  We are no different from any other professional industry.  We will, however, credit an inspection fee toward the services you need, should you choose to hire us.

How much does it cost to have a wildlife problem solved?

Unfortunately, there is not a single answer to this question. Until a property is inspected, it is not possible for us to give an estimate, because no two problems are the same.

What do you do with the animals you trap?

We use humane, live catch traps only, unless trapping rodents.  California law requires that we do one of two things for most native wildlife.  Release the animal on site, or humanely euthanize.   We are able to release many species of animals on site, once the area they’ve set up housekeeping has been repaired.  The animal(s) simply move on.   In cases where animals are outdoors and are causing damage, as is often the case with rodents, or an animal is found to be so injured that it will not survive,  we use only humane methods that are approved by both the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, and the American Veterinary Medical Association.  We care about animals, and the last thing we wish to do is cause pain or suffering.  Some companies will tell you that they’re releasing animals “to the wild,” or to “the woods.”  Anyone who tells you this is either illegally releasing animals, or is not being honest with you.

 Releasing wildlife is illegal.

If we find orphaned or sick wildlife, animals are immediately transferred to a California licensed wildlife rehabilitation facility, at no additional cost to you.

We must humanely euthanize rodents, and we examine them carefully. Many are donated licensed wildlife rehabilitation facilities. This is more work, but to us, it is well worth doing so.  Donated prey helps young, orphaned birds of prey to recognize the sight and smell of the exact same prey they’ll need to hunt for, once released to the wild.

Why should I have to pay for this?  If you care about animals, you should do this free of charge.

Having the experience, education, equipment, insurance, and materials needed to address countless wildlife issues is very costly.  You are hiring a licensed wildlife control professional to address an issue.   We are exposed to animals that are often afraid, aggressive, and that may be carrying diseases that can cause illness.  Like other professionals, we need the tools, supplies, and equipment that is not only necessary to deal with wildlife in a humane and caring manner, but we often need to use personal protection equipment to keep ourselves protected and healthy.  We must also maintain and replace our equipment as it is damaged by wildlife.  All of this costs money.

Can you help me with a cat or dog problem?

Generally, no.  Issues related to companion animals are best left addressed to city and county animal control agencies.  In a true emergency, we may help if human or animal life is at risk, such as dogs attacking livestock.

I keep seeing a sick coyote/raccoon/opossum, or an injured wild animal, can you help?

On occasion, we try to help,  In our area, the most obvious sign of illness is severe mange in coyotes.  Coyotes that are missing most-or all of their fur are dying a slow and agonizing death.  This is often caused by eating poisoned rodents, or in some cases, when a mange infested coyote is carrying a transmissible species of mite.  If we have the time,  equipment is not in use elsewhere, and we feel we have a good chance at trapping a sick animal, we may attempt to.

We are in no way obligated to provide a service like this, but do so because we care, and feel that bringing in a coyote for a humane end to life if too ill to survive treatment, or transfer to a licensed rehabilitation facility is far more humane than slowly dying a painful death.

If you find an injured wild animal, we may be able to assist you in its safe capture, or refer you to a licensed wildlife rehabilitation facility.  All injured wildlife (including birds) must be surrendered to a currently licensed facility by law.

If you have read this FAQ and still have a question, feel free to contact us!